Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Filter

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BajaHyena 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Just go to your local Advanced Auto / Napa / Walmart to get your filters and install them yourself. You will save a bunch of money, and it takes less than 15 minutes to install both the cabin and engine air filters. ----
Cabin Air Filters: Fram CF10134, Wix 24815, Bosch P3875, Purolator C35519 - Cost's $12-$18.
Engine Air Filter: Wix 49041, Fram CA10468, Purolator A36308 - Cost's $15-$25

Or any other brand that you choose - they all are relatively equivalent in quality to the OEM and much cheaper than letting the dealer charge you to purchase one and install it.

#4 ·
Im actually going to Walmart tonight and buying the Fram CA10468 for $11.00 bucks. If not...ill wait till they have it in stock cause I do not want to spend $55 for the K&N ...1 its a lease and 2...i dont think its worth $55 for an air filter.

Im changing at 20,000 Miles
*I did cabin last night...should have should just bought them together.

Has anyone else replaced their ENGINE AIR FILTER....with this exact 1?

if not...

*Which brand one did you use?

#6 ·
I thought Fram just made bad OIL filters....not air filters..

now you got me thinking...walmart didnt have the Fram in stock and when I got home I read your post....

Napa = $22
Fram = $11

Really worth extra money?

#8 ·
The OEM Engine filter retails at about $33 and you can replace it easily. I got a K&N OEM replacement on Amazon for $45 and I don't have to replace it ever, just wash & re-oil once in a while.

The OEM cabin air filter for a Crosstour or 2008+ Accord retails only at $20.82 ( http://estore.honda.com/honda/customer-home.asp ). It should only take about 12/18 minutes to replace. Some dealer can charge up to $100 to replace it and some dealers will also install an alternative part... not from the factory... It is easy to spot on the invoice, the part number should be exactly 80292-SWA-A01 or 80292-SDA-A01. I got tired of that pricing and the fact that some techs can't re-install the glove box absorber shock properly, so I got the Fram FreshBreeze cabin filters ($17 on Amazon) ( http://www.framfreshbreeze.com/Index.aspx ) for both of my Honda. Where we live the pollen and dust level is very high so I setup Amazon to ship me both filters every 6 months.

#9 ·
Go with a K&N Washable engine filter with a million mile gurantee. Runs $58 with tax at any auto store and you will never have to buy one again. I noticed a 2mpg gain vs a OEM engine filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.