Honda Crosstour Forums banner

2013 Honda Accord Full Specs, Photos

8K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  smithrobart56 
#1 ·

The first model to utilize Honda’s new Earth Dreams engine technologies, the redesigned 2013 Accord gets a long list of upgrades and a big bump in fuel economy.

A long selection of engine and transmission options is available for 2013, not to mention a choice of two body styles and an available plug-in hybrid. The new 2.4-liter 4-cylinder adds direct-injection and makes 185 hp and 6400 rpm and 181 lb-ft of torque at 4000 rpm and can be mated to either a six-speed manual transmission or an all-new CVT automatic. Fuel economy is rated at 27 mpg city, matching the segment-leading Altima, while highway mileage falls just short at 36 mpg. A combined, or average, fuel economy rating is 30-mpg, one mpg short of the Altima.

An all-new 3.5-liter V6 engine for the first time combines Honda’s i-VTEC technology and cylinder deactivation, delivering a total of 278-hp at 6200 rpm and 252 lb-ft of torque at 4900 rpm. Available exclusively with a six-speed automatic in the sedan, in the Accord Coupe, the V6 engine can be paired with a six-speed manual. Fuel economy for the V6 is up, to 21 mpg city and 34 mpg highway for a combined 25 mpg, tying the other segment leaders, though all are behind some of the turbocharged 4-cylinder models currently on offer.

A third engine option, a plug-in hybrid, will mark the first use of the technology for Honda and signal a shift away from the brand’s long outdated Integrated Motor Assist hybrid system. Combining a lithium-ion battery pack, electric motor and 2.0-liter 4-cylinder, total system output is rated at 196-hp and 226 lb-ft of torque with an electric-only range of 10 to 15 miles. One innovative feature of the system is that it allows the driver the option of choosing when to use the electric only portion.

In the styling department the new Accord has received a subtle update with a slightly more dramatic flat-fronted chrome grille and a chrome lower front splitter. Further helping to add some premium style to the new Accord are standard 16-inch aluminum wheels and chrome door handles. Out back a new taillight design is oddly reminiscent of the Hyundai Genesis sedan.

Perhaps the biggest change to the overall look of the Accord is its smaller size, with a one-inch shorter wheelbase and the car 3.6-inches shorter in length overall. Despite the change in size, Honda has managed to keep interior room the same while increasing trunk space slightly.
Read the complete story and see more 2013 Honda Accord Photos at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#4 ·
I agree regarding the Accord looking Mercedes-like. But then, our Crosstours sort of resemble the Porsche Panamera from the side does it not? I don't think that was coincidental.
Well, I think the resemblance to the Panamerea, and the BMW Gran Turismo is all because of the "fast back station wagon" look...

Of course, now there are "4-door shooting brakes"... a term which don't make a lick of sense, but continue on the styling theme.

#5 ·
Saw these in person at the dealer last month. Nice looking, but I still do not understand why the I-4 Coupe has both a CVT, and 'paddle shifters'. If the transmission 'varies' instead of 'shifting' why does it need 'shifters'?

Honda always seemed to stay out of the 'me too' features that plague the dashboards of the likes of Mitsubishi and Nissan. So why this?

#7 ·
It's all because of the RPM range of the engine. At some RPMs the engine is more efficient, at others it's more powerful.

So you're cruising around in your CVT... then you can down shift on the fly to change the RPMs at which the engine is operating (if you want more power, etc).

Also, it can be fun to shift.

#9 ·
Jeweled eye lights are NICE

A bit off topic, but here is a demo video of Acura's jeweled eye headlights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.