Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Should I buy out my CT lease, or get a new car?

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Army Dad 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm 2 years into a 3 year lease, and I'm very close to be over in mileage. 2010 White Crosstour 2WD.

I can get a 2012 Accord V6 EX-L for $24700 + TTL =$26614 OTD

But have to pay $2400 to turn in lease, so it's REALLY = $29014 for the 2012 Accord.

OR

I could BUY out the CrossTour for $18900 + Tax, which is $20364 (I need new tires too, so let's call it $20800)

The choice:
2012 Accord EX-L V6 (0 miles, 36K warranty.)= $29014
2010 Crosstour (42,000 miles, 0 warranty) +4 new tires: $20800

The NEW Accord is $8214 more.

So should I buy the Crosstour out, and have $8214 to apply to future repairs?

Should I ditch the old car and get a faster car, with better mileage and a warranty? (I like the Crosstour, but I REALLY like the Accord. The extra speed is "fun.")

What say you?

See less See more
#4 ·
The new accords are quite nice, the electronics are extremely impressive. :)

I see alot of customers get calls from our dealership to come-in and trade-up their early leases on new ones for similar money on similar models.
This equation doesn't work quite the same on newer models like the accord, or the soon to come 13 crosstour.

Money factors and discounts on the 12 Crosstours are INSANE right now....best deals in the entire Honda lineup.
Smart money would be to get the smokin' deal on the 12 Crosstour, and try to trade-in early for a 13 if you're inclined to go with another crosstour! :cool:

Right now - you are "upside-down" on your miles, and they're going to punish you, especially if go for the 13 accord.

it all depends on how much money you want to save/spend.

The Accord are nicer and newer -- but the best DEAL is on the 12 CT.

keep us posted.

gr

#5 ·
I ended up turning the Crosstour early and Getting a 2012 Accord V6.

I hate the Accord, miss the Crosstour.

I got such a good deal I might be able to get 95% of my money back if I trade the Accord in for something else. (Minus sales tax.)

I made a bad decision and I miss my old Crosstour, mainly for how quiet the interior is compared to the 2012 Accord.

#6 · (Edited)
Ouch.
Yeah - the '13 accords are SO much nicer than the 12's.
Sorry man.
lesson learned - and now you KNOW! :cool:

One of THE most impressive things about the '13's is the elimination of the Double Wishbone front end in favor of a macpherson setup.
Wow - just wow! So much more refined, less harsh, and not to the detriment of handling!

In all honesty - I'm not sure yet if this will carry-over to the 13 crosstours, but sure HOPE so!

Get on board for a 13 accord or crosstour, and you'll be be happy again!

gr

#7 ·
I ended up selling the Accord, at an 8% loss.

I leased a 2012 Crosstour. The 13's don't seem earth shattering except for the electronics.

I think the seats, the higher position, the ride, and the quietness of the 2012 is good enough for me right now. I like the car a lot. (Didn't realize it until it was gone.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.