Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Tire size for HFP wheels on Crosstour

16K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  1Honda 
#1 ·
I bought a set of 19" HFP wheels for my Crosstour, the stickers that come with them say use 245/40/19 but that is the reco for the Accord and the result will a wheel that is smaller in diameter than the stock 225/60/18. If I go to the Tirerack calculator it shows the alternate tire size for the Crosstour with 19" wheels as 245/50/19. I would like to use something wider than the 245, like a 255 265 or even 275. I am pretty sure if I keep the diameter the same I shouldn't have any problems I am just not sure of the width. At a minimum I would like to use a 255/50/19 as I have many more tire choices than the 245/50/19.

Does any one have any experience with the HFP rims on the Crosstour? Thanks

#3 ·
#6 ·
Just as a closing follow-up I finally got the wheels on. I used R255/50-19's even though the sticker said to use 245's. The 245 factory reco was for the Accord, the 255/50's are the same diameter as the stock 225/65's. They fit fine and look great.

If you do this, make sure you use the stock TPMS sensors. Itried using the sensors that came with the wheels and after a week the dealer gave up and we put the stockers in, they worked fine. It's hard to believe there is that much incompatability between these sensors. But be warned.

Looks good!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.