Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Locking doors w/key fob

6K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Xaque 
#1 ·
This is a small pet peeve but it bugs me every single day. Is there a way to lock the doors w/the keyfob if the door is open? Every morning I open the rear hatch, pull out my work stuff, close the hatch, then struggle because my hands are full, to lock the car and put my keys away. It would be soooo much easier to open the hatch, press the lock on the fob, put the fob in my purse, then pick up my stuff and close the hatch. Am I the only one that finds this type of thing annoying? Everyday this annoys me. I've never had this issue with a car.:confused:

#4 ·
just about as annoying that you cannot lock the car with your second key fob set while the first key is in the ignition.... aka... I want to warm the car up and leave it running... and lock it.

#8 ·
A little off-topic, but does anyone else find it annoying that the range of the
remote fobs is SO limited?
I tested mine last week -- I could only get a max of 25 yds away from my car b4 reaching max distance. :rolleyes:

That's pretty lame.
My 02 nissan maxima would carry nearly 3x that far.
The range of the OEM Honda Remote Start is also extremely limited, and the FOB is grotesquely huge.
Not to mention terribly overpriced. :mad:

The '13's are smaller, but not sure about the range yet.

i'll report back when i get to play with one.

gr

#9 ·
Hi all. I don't know if this is a good place to start but figured starting a knew thread would not get many views. Sent my wife out car shopping and she came home with the CT. Long story short she can't open the hatch. I read the manual found the hidden button, pushed it, heard the initial noise and then the unlatch sound. Got it to open a couple of times and now I can only get the initial sound but not the second unlatching noise. Any idea before I have her take it to the dealer?

#11 ·
When you push the button you have to also push up on the hatch for it to open. Seems like a pain in the a$$ at first but once you get used to pushing up on the hatch when you push the button it becomes second nature.

Good luck.
Yes. Pushing the button only temporarily disengages the latch (about a second).

Simultaneously pull up on the hatch whilst pushing the button.

#13 ·
So I finally tried the hatch. I put two hands to it and it didn't budge. Tried again and it came open. Shouldn't be that hard. Then I noticed the blanket my wife put down for the dog and how close it was to being under the hatch. Pushed it away and closed the hatch. Tried it again and it opened right up. Guess the blanket getting tucked under the hatch made the latch bind really tight. Will have to keep that area clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.