Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Planning to install Nokian WRG2SUV all-weather tires and have questions.

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  WeirdG 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I live in Edmonton, Canada and we tend to get quite a bit of cold weather and snow every year. This all tends to last for about 6 months, and I don't want to run separate tires for Summer and Winter, so my only choice would be to go with all weather tires.

I ran Nokian WR and WRG2 on my 2005 Acura TSX for seven years and was extremely pleased with them. Based on that experience I want to install Nokians on my 2012 CT. The Nokian WRG2SUV seems to be the tire of choice for me, unfortunately Nokian don't make them in our tire size, 225/60-18.

It seems my only choices are 235/60-18 or 255/55-18. Both tire sizes are larger, but the 255/55-18 seem to be wider. The price different is $50 per tire. The 235/60-18 will cost $291 per tire and the 255/55-18 will cost $341 per tire. I'm kind of leaning towards switching to 235/60-18 since it'll cost me $200 less. I'm aware my gas mileage will go down and the speedo won't be showing the correct speed(around 1km/h off).

Here are my questions:

1) Does anyone have the Nokian WRG2SUV tires installed on their CT? If so, which size did you go with and why?

2) Which size of tire is preferable and why? (235/60-18 or 255/55-18)

3) Will either tire size work with the stock rims? I plan to swap them down the road, but just to get me through this Winter I was hoping to use the OEM rims.

TIA,
WG

See less See more
#5 ·
Got the Nokians installed today. Upon the first few KMs I've driven, the traction in snow is significantly better and the noise level is at about the same level as the OEM Michelins. I'm extremely happy with how well these tired work with my CT. I'd recommend them to anyone.

WG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.