Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Pandora- USB Unsupported. EXL Nav

7K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  HondaKiller 
#1 ·
Hi All, Since the iPod/IPhone interface works so good with the nav screen, I attempted to stream the Pandora app with the USB cable. Much to my surprise, it worked. Well, sort of. The artist, song, and album came up on the nav screen and the music was crystal clear. About 10 minutes later, it stopped playing and the message, UNSUPPORTED popped up on the display.
After reconnecting the USB, Pandora started again but the same thing happened 5 minutes later.

I read on another forum that it is because the software really isn't compatible with pandora. They made it compatible on the new CRVs but I was wondering if anyone has a work around for the 2012 Crosstour. It definitely works, just not all the time. Would be great if there was a firmware upgrade or a workaround

Thanks,

#2 ·
I read on another site that someone recommended rebooting the Iphone, and then attaching the USB. This did work for a few minutes, but I then got the UNSUPPORTED message after a few minutes and then the music turned off.

Anyone got a hack to fix this issue? Can still stream Pandora via the auxillary cable, but doesn't sound nearly as good as it does through the USB.

Thanks!

#4 ·
i wonder if there is a simple workaround or something we are missing. I tried everything including removing Pandora and reinstalling. I actually got Pandora to play like 5 consecutive songs before UNSUPPORTED came up. I'm actually not quite sure why I'm getting frustrated, because we can also stream it though the auxillary plug. I guess because it works with USB some of the time, I feel like it should work all the time.

Anyone else have any luck with this?

#10 · (Edited)
Its crazy....but this worked. I hit the little cloud symbol next to one of my songs on my Iphone 4S. A great Van Halen song called Tattoo. Anyway, I played this song through the radio and turned on Pandora. Pandora has now worked as it should since I performed this, exactly like Satellite radio. Song and Artist pop up on the display Awesome fix and sounds so much better than the aux plug!!!! Thanks!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.