Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Adhesive for an LED strip?

8K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  iggibar 
#1 ·
I hooked up a couple of LED strips for the trunk area of my CT. They look Really good... But, I can't get them to stick well at all. I even sanded areas on the plastic, for where they should stick, but one strip keeps coming off. Can anyone suggest something that will make this stick better? Maybe just something like JB Weld or the like?

#3 ·
Thanks Army Dad. I did check the other week and didn't really find a good answer, other than double-stick tape. I'm thinking I'd run into the same problem again, if I went' that route, since I can't get tape to stick.
I'm wondering if something like hot glue would work? I guess I could experiment..

#8 ·
What I ended up doing was just sanding that one side, a little bit more, and then reattached the strip. So far, so good.. But, epoxy is a good idea. I may try that, if this doesn't hold.
As far as the looks go, it looks really sharp, especially at night (as oppsed to seeing them in the daylight). The only odd thing that I noticed, which definitely different, is that it's not just a 'blue' light. It acts as a black light. So, anything white that is in the light, or anything fluorescent, glows!

#12 ·
I hooked up a couple of LED strips for the trunk area of my CT. They look Really good... But, I can't get them to stick well at all. I even sanded areas on the plastic, for where they should stick, but one strip keeps coming off. Can anyone suggest something that will make this stick better? Maybe just something like JB Weld or the like?
Have you tried Gorilla Tape? You can pick it up @n Home Depot or Lowes, comes in colors

#13 ·
I .just tried the same thing this past weekend ... along with changing my license plate lights.

LED strips don't stick worth a dad-burned-darn [excuse my language] :D

I'm about to try something differnt though... I'll document what I'm going to do as soon as I layout a design, and economical design. :D

#14 ·
I've used the 3M double sided tape, and it hasn't budged a single bit. I wouldn't not use Epoxy unless you are buying out the car. This is the link for the exact tape I bought at my local shop: http://www.autogeek.net/3m-auto-tape.html
If that won't hold it, you need screws! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.